I searched long and hard, and then I tasted them last Wednesday. Divine!
They are made by a creative and industrious 11-year old from berries, nectarine, and mint. The recipe requires only a blender and popsicle molds.
Here’s what Mayuri is using:
- -2 nectarines
- -large handful blackberries
- -large handful strawberries
- -7 mint leaves
Very minimal prep required: wash the fruit and mint, hull the strawberries (I love this tool), cut the nectarines in half and remove the pit.
Throw it all in. No ice or water needed!
Depending on your blender, you’ll blend it for 30 seconds to two minutes. This is a Vitamix which is really fast.
Hard to resist drinking it…
Lovely summery color. Would be good to find a matching shirt.
Secure the lid and pop in the freezer, upright.
Wait four hours for them to freeze.
Dig in! Enjoy!…All gone!
Why is this a great idea?
- Get the kids off the street and off the screen with a fun hands-on activity
- Great on a hot day. The promise of cooling off is highly motivating.
- A splendid dessert for your dinner guests on a summer night.
- Only takes 5 minutes so great for lazy or lethargic kids or adults
- Enjoy a treat that is healthy enough to be endorsed by the hard-to-please Good Food Fighter!
So if you’re looking for a healthy hot-weather treat when it’s 109 degrees like it was in Austin that day, something that will please the kids, your guests, your pony, and your mother-in-law, this is it!