Meet The Good Food Fighter
YOUR NUTRITION BUDDY, RELENTLESS RESEARCHER & DESIGNER OF BEAUTIFUL THINGS
I am America’s food superhero. Have you heard of me? My mission is for kids grow up healthy and love nutritious food.
That’s a lofty goal! Luckily, my superpower is to entertain parents and their children while educating them. The world is full of scary information and navigating the complicated food supply is like playing a video game…except that it’s not fun and you usually lose. But I’m fun!!!!! I want to be your friend and ally—your GFF. I want to encourage your kids to try veggies, to discover superfoods, to eat less sugar, and to avoid toxins in the food supply that lead to chronic health issues and disease.
How do I make it fun? Funny you should ask…
- I just produced an original card game with my 13-year old son in which players race to make healthy smoothies and earn enough points to win. It teaches kids about nutrition while they are having a blast.
- Have you seen the Good Food Fighter comic strip? The GFF battles all kinds of villains—most of them in your kitchen 😱—and prevails!
- I post inspiring videos of my son, Chef Sizzle-snap, cooking dishes you didn’t think kids would like.
- And here I am dancing in my kitchen with kale and parsley. Yes—I’ll do anything to make healthy food enticing!
- Also, check out the GFF’s cool line of clothes and other products…you can be a Good Food Fighter, too!
- Stay tuned for more games and fun stuff coming down the pike…
Who’s this !Kapow!-Chick? Originally from Boston, I am a graduate of Northwestern University in Chicago and ArtCenter College of Design in CA. I launched my career designing “coffee table” books and innovative printed products for Chronicle Books in San Francisco. Then I created product packaging and cookbooks for Williams Sonoma. Next, I developed and produced a line of therapeutic chocolate-themed gifts, “Boyfriend Replacement“, for lovelorn women. Working with an angel investor in New York City and a national team of 80 sales reps, we sold it into 400 stores. Then I ran my own art portrait photo studio for 10 years. And now I’m determined to save children from obesity and from all the diseases that stem from it.
- One third of all Americans are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
- One third of all women and half of all men are expected to get cancer within their lives.
How to battle the beast: Research increasingly points to diet and lifestyle as contributing factors to Diabetes 2 and many forms of cancer. My motto is, “You are either eating towards disease or away from it”. I want you to eat away from it….far, far, away. I can help you understand what to do.
What’s my credential? My father is a nuclear physicist at MIT so I’ve been literally bathed in science and research my whole life. My mother read Prevention Magazine, “a medical journal for the people” back in the 70s when they were already warning the public about pesticides in the food supply. She taught me to examine the ingredient list on every grocery product that I buy. Now I’m a certified health and wellness coach who loves reading studies—on the National Institutes of Health website and in dozens of other publications. I have a knack for breaking down the information into easily digestible portions and sharing it with my readers…I do the research so that you don’t have to!!
Here’s to healthy kids and happy families!
–Jeneen S., Austin, TX
I wish I’d had her yummy smoothie and veggie recipes and fun videos when my kids were younger and resistant to healthy food. Nutrition impacts our lives so much more deeply than most of us realize—my kids had all kinds of issues that were related to food. I love that the GFF is preaching from the rooftops— we need more super heroes like her in the world!!
Barbara, Austin, TX