- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup (choose one): mesquite flour, hazelnut meal, banana flour, sweet potato flour, oat flour, buckwheat flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 ⁄3 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- ½ ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ apple (grated)
- 3 dates (diced)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prep your ingredients and line your muffin tin with wax paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the flour, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, applesauce, mashed banana, shredded carrot, shredded apple, and dates and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, stirring until combined. Then mix in the walnuts.
- The batter will be thick so you can scoop out about a ½ cup of batter and fill each muffin cup to the top.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffin pan on a wire rack for five minutes and pop out your carrot muffins from the tin. These store well in the freezer for a week.
Recipe yields 10 muffins.