- 1 20 oz package HamBeens 15-bean soup (or equivalent)
- 1 turkey sausage, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cans organic chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 green onion, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 each red, yellow, and orange pepper, chopped
- 1 package mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 handful frozen organic corn
- 1 or 2 handfuls barley
The package comes with its own seasoning. It has crap in it, so toss and use instead a combination of:
- chilli powder
- powdered garlic
- If you like it hot, use spicy canned tomatoes or fresh/pickled jalapenos.
- Cook beans according to instructions on packet.
- At same time, sauté sausage, onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil and toss in.
- Add corn and barley when beans are almost cooked according to package.
Keywords: soup, beans